[Pacemaker] Configuring a cluster for asymmetric operation

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 11:14:18 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

Yes, this is true. There is no way around this, pacemaker will probe every known resource on every node each time it starts up.  Without having the resource agents installed on all nodes, pacemaker can not verify a resource is running or not, which will cause problems.  Even if the configuration prevents a resource from ever being started by pacemaker on a node, pacemaker will still need a way to verify that resource isn't already running when it starts up.

-- Vossel