[Pacemaker] Pull the plug on one node, the resource doesn't promote the other node to master

Matteo Bignotti mbignotti at switchvox.com
Fri Jul 20 19:45:39 EDT 2012

Thank you man,

I realized what it was, We're running pacemaker held up by a third item
(r-series) which through a usb connection and a resource agent controls
the cluster. When I unplug the network cable he doesn't understand that
it's disconnected because the usb is still up if I unplug both it works.

Now, let me try and ask...

in my pacemaker I have this configuration

*primitive GatewayStatus ocf:pacemaker:ping \
     params host_list="10.10.0.1" multiplier="100" \
     op monitor interval="5" timeout="10"*
primitive ResourceCustom ocf:Company:resourcecustom \
     op monitor interval="10" timeout="20" \
     op stop interval="0" timeout="15" on-fail="standby" \
     meta migration-threshold="2" failure-timeout="30s"
target-role="Started"
primitive rseries ocf:Company:rseries \
     params tty="/dev/rseries0" \
     op monitor interval="10" role="Master" timeout="30s" \
     op monitor interval="60" role="Slave" timeout="30s"
ms rseries_ms rseries \
     meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2"
clone-node-max="1" target-role="Master"
clone GatewayStatusClone GatewayStatus

colocation rsc-like-master inf: ResourceCustom rseries_ms:Master
order rsc-after-rseries inf: rseries_ms:promote ResourceCustom:start

============
Last updated: Fri Jul 20 16:43:50 2012
Last change: Fri Jul 20 16:11:15 2012 via cibadmin on cluster_01
Stack: openais
Current DC: cluster_01 - partition with quorum
Version: 1.1.6.1-3.el5-0c7312c689715e096b716419e2ebc12b57962052
2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
5 Resources configured.
============

Online: [ cluster_01 cluster_02 ]

  ResourceCustom    (ocf::Company:resourcecustom):    Started cluster_01
  Master/Slave Set: rseries_ms [rseries]
      Masters: [ cluster_01 ]
      Slaves: [ cluster_02 ]
  Clone Set: GatewayStatusClone [GatewayStatus]
      Started: [ cluster_01 cluster_02 ]

Now since I have the GatewayStatus, can I configure the cluster telling
it that IF the network fails I want ResourceCustom, rseries:Master and
Gateway to be together? I ask because when I tried putting
GatewayStatusClone in the colocation... havoc happened... and nothing
worked. did I do something wrong and it should be the right configuration?

thanks