[Pacemaker] Pull the plug on one node, the resource doesn't promote the other node to master

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 17:14:02 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

Are you using stonith?  If node1 disappears, pacemaker has to have some sort of guarantee from a fencing device that it is in fact gone before the promotion happens.

This situation (unplugging node) differs from standby and the rsc crash because pacemaker still knows the state of node1 with after the standby/rsc crash.  If the state of node1 can't be verified (unplugged from network), it needs to be fenced before the cluster can continue.

If you are still having trouble, upload a crm_report and we'll have a look.

-- Vossel