[Pacemaker] Call cib_query failed (-41): Remote node did not respond

Andreas Kurz andreas at hastexo.com
Wed Jul 4 04:27:40 EDT 2012

On 07/04/2012 12:36 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 12-07-03 06:17 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>>
>> Even adding passive nodes multiplies the number of probe operations
>> that need to be performed and loaded into the cib.
>
> So it seems.  I just would have not thought they be such a load since
> from a simplistic perspective, since they are not trying to update the
> CIB, it seems they just need an update of it when the rest of the nodes
> doing the updating are done.  But I do admit that could be a simplistic
> view.
>
>> Did you try any of the settings I suggested?

beside increasing the batch limit to a higher value ... did you also
tune corosync totem timings? There are some parameters like token,
send_join, join and token_retransmits_before_loss_const that typically
need to be increased when a lot of cluster communication traffic has to
be handled.

Best Regards,
Andreas

--