[Pacemaker] Call cib_query failed (-41): Remote node did not respond

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Jul 3 18:36:36 EDT 2012

On 12-07-03 06:17 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> Even adding passive nodes multiplies the number of probe operations
> that need to be performed and loaded into the cib.

So it seems.  I just would have not thought they be such a load since
from a simplistic perspective, since they are not trying to update the
CIB, it seems they just need an update of it when the rest of the nodes
doing the updating are done.  But I do admit that could be a simplistic
view.

> Did you try any of the settings I suggested?

The only setting I saw you suggest was "batch-limit" and at first glance
it did not seem clear to me which way to adjust this (up or down) and I
was running out of time for experimentation and just needed to get to
something that works.

So now that pressure is off and I have a bit of time to experiment, what
value would you suggest for that parameter given the 32 resource and
constraints I want to add on a 16 node cluster?

Cheers,
b.