[Pacemaker] timed out / exec error

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Thu Dec 20 19:12:29 EST 2012

> > Any cib change throws the system load up for 10-20 seconds, and then
> > things start timing out, despite having set the timeouts well in excess of the
> > time it takes for pacemaker to mark the resource as timed out.
>
> Hmm, unless your CIB (the configuration) is really huge, that shouldn't be
> happening. I'd open a bugzilla with debian. Check beforehand which
> processes go wild. Increase timeouts to prevent resources failing and stonith.

Hopefully I can do some testing over the Christmas break and come up with something meaningful to report. I've set up a test cluster of virtual machines which is a copy of my main cluster with all the resources changed to dummy and while there is a bit of a spike when I make a change, that is to be expected because all 5 vm's are running on an underpowered physical machine. It otherwise works fine and never times anything out.

The problem is that I've set the monitor timeouts to 5 minutes but the actual timeout seems to be happening within 30 seconds of making the changes to the configuration, which is why I was wondering if the resource was reporting its own timeout.

I'm assuming that 5 nodes and 61 resources isn't a particularly big cluster?

> > All packages are from debian wheezy.
>
> I don't know which versions are currently in debian wheezy (looks like 1.1.7).

Yes that's right.

James