[Pacemaker] Split-brain on DRBD + Corosync/Pacemaker

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Wed Dec 19 12:54:02 EST 2012

Is fencing/stonith configured in pacemaker? Can you call a fence against
a peer in pacemaker and trigger a reboot of the target node? If that
doesn't work, then you don't have proper fencing in pacemaker and the
crm-fence-peer.sh hook script won't work.

So yes, you need stonith and you need to make sure it actually works.
Look in Clusters From Scratch, I think it's around ch. 9. You need an
external method of powering off a node. This is generally done with
IPMI, iLO, RSA, DRAC or when those aren't available, a switched PDU like
the APC AP7900 (or your country's version of) will work.

--
Digimer
access to education?