[Pacemaker] Shared storage

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Dec 3 09:19:54 EST 2012

On 12/03/2012 08:44 AM, Riccardo Bicelli wrote:
> Hello everybody and excuse me in advance for the apparently dumb
> question, but I havent found any answer yet!
>
> I'd want to create a gfs2 filesystem.
> for doing this I attached to my nodes a shared SCSI lun (shared disk in
> vmware).
>
> For commodity I have created a LVM volume group on it and a volume.
>
> Now, I'd want to create a GFS filesystem on top of the LVM volume.
>
> My question is, do I need to setup CLVM for using GFS2 on top of this
> setup?
>
> Many thanks.
> Riccardo

Yes, which should be pretty simple given you already need DLM for GFS2,
and clustered LVM just swaps out internal locking for DLM locking.

In case it helps, this covers what to change to use clvmd and gfs2.

https://alteeve.ca/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial#Configuring_Clustered_Storage

--
Digimer
access to education?