[Pacemaker] Getting Started

Brett Maton brett.maton at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 3 09:24:38 EST 2012

Hi List,

  I'm new to corosync / pacemaker so please forgive my ignorance!

  I currently have Postgres streaming replication between node1(master) and node2(slave, hot standby), the replication user authenticates to master using an md5 password.
  All good there...

  My goal use pacemaker / heartbeat to move VIP and promote node2 if node1 fails, without using drdb or pg-pool.

  What I'm having trouble with is finding resources for learning what I need to configure with regards to corosync / pacemaker to implement failover.  All of the guides I've found use DRDB and/or a much more robust network configuration.

I'm currently using CentOS 6.3 with PostgreSQL 9.2

corosync-1.4.1-7.el6_3.1.x86_64
pacemaker-1.1.7-6.el6.x86_64

node1	192.168.0.1
node2	192.168.0.2
dbVIP	192.168.0.101

Any help and suggested reading appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Brett