[Pacemaker] Moving multi-state resources

pavan tc pavan.tc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 05:20:01 EST 2012

Hi,

My requirement was to do some administration on one of the nodes where a
2-node multi-state resource was running.
To effect a resource instance stoppage on one of the nodes, I added a
resource constraint as below:

crm configure location ms_stop_res_on_node <ms_resource> rule -inf: \#uname
eq `hostname`

The resource cleanly moved over to the other node. Incidentally, the
resource was the master on this node
and was successfully moved to a master state on the other node too.
Now, I want to bring the resource back onto the original node.

But the above resource constraint seems to have a persistent behaviour.
crm resource unmigrate <ms_resource> does not seem to undo the effects of
the constraint addition.

I think the location constraint is preventing the resource from starting on
the original node.
How do I delete this location constraint now?

Is there a more standard way of doing such administrative tasks? The
requirement is that I do not want to offline the
entire node while doing the administration but rather would want to stop
only the resource instance, do the admin work
and restart the resource instance on the node.

Thanks,
Pavan