[Pacemaker] new RA: http_ping

Nicolai Langfeldt Nicolai.Langfeldt at broadnet.no
Fri Aug 17 07:58:41 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-16 15:01, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
>> Didn't.  Looked at the ping/pingd and nginx RAs.  Grepped and googled a
>> bit.  http-mon.sh isn't in the Ubuntu resource-agents 1:3.9.2-5ubuntu4.1
>> package (as found ubuntu 12.04) and I never pulled from github.  Pulled
>> together http_ping.
>
> Well, if you're into development, the source repository is your
> best friend :)

Watched and forked.

The http-mon.sh file seems to be rather incomplete and not very helpful
from my point of view.

I can easily see how I could refactor my http_ping and cross it with the
apache and nginx RAs to obtain a smaller code base with some common
code.  Would you have a quick look at my http_ping RA and see if I'm
roughly where I should be, or point me at docs that would make me able
to get it there?

To me, as it is a shell script, it seems pretty sane, but I've not
actually read any best practices docs.

A idea that germinated a bit while I was doing http_ping was for a
generic "monitor" agent that calls some simple stub scripts and only
takes care of token and locking management itself.  I'd like it to be
able to do http server and process watching.

Nicolai