[Pacemaker] new RA: http_ping

Nicolai Langfeldt Nicolai.Langfeldt at broadnet.no
Thu Aug 16 07:53:45 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-16 11:14, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 12:53:33PM +0000, Nicolai Langfeldt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've written a new RA based on what I learnt from the ping and nginx RAs
>> for monitoring frontend-proxy-stacks.
>>
>> It is attached here for your consideration - and indeed - critique.  I
>> am hopeful that it makes it into the pacemaker distribution some time.
>
> Did you consider using the existing monitor facility in the
> apache RA? It can be sourced from
> /usr/lib/ocf/lib/heartbeat/http-mon.sh
> Somebody was already up to this, but it seems like they gave up.
> More details here:
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/pull/22

Didn't.  Looked at the ping/pingd and nginx RAs.  Grepped and googled a
bit.  http-mon.sh isn't in the Ubuntu resource-agents 1:3.9.2-5ubuntu4.1
package (as found ubuntu 12.04) and I never pulled from github.  Pulled
together http_ping.

It works, it's complete from my point of view.  It can't start or stop
anything, but it can monitor any http (or https) service that's not
managed by the cluster and set attrd attributes based on that to aid
location rules.

Nicolai