[Pacemaker] lxc resource fixes

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 13 08:23:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 09:42:10PM +0200, Marcus Osdoba wrote:
> Dear mailinglist,
>
> I am using lxc in a pacemaker clustered environment.
> I have noted, that the current version in git is not capable to work
> with 0.7.5 correctly.
>
> The lxc-ps command changed in 0.7.5, too. So I have applied the same
> fix as the last commit on lxc in resource-agent.git [0].
>
> [1] and [2] are cosmetical fixes. I think it's better to give a
> warning, when the container is stopped instead of cleanly halted.
>
> Regarding [3], at least in Debian based systems, it's possible to
> launch the lxc-halt command to perform a clean shutdown of the
> container. Therfore, I enhanced the current lxc-ocf version to
> support an additonal optional parameter named shutdownmethod. It
> defaults to the current behaviour, which is sending SIGPWR to
> init/systemd processes inside the container. Alternatively, it's
> possible to command an lxc-halt to the container (which does not
> require the requested powerfail-line in inittab).

Good. Though in this patch, the earlier check for setting options
depending on the lxc version (0.7.5) is removed. Was that
intentional?

> Please consider committing [0] at least and think about the

[0] has already been committed. Or did I miss something in your
version of the patch?

> alternative halt-method [3].
>
> Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Thanks for the patches!

It'd be good to either send the patches to the linux-ha-dev ML or
to use the github.com pull requests (preferably the former,
because the patches are then readily available in the message for
discussion :)

Cheers,

Dejan