[Pacemaker] minimizing cluster-glue dependencies

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Wed Sep 7 07:03:49 EDT 2011

On 09/07/2011 01:01 AM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:46 AM, Florian Haas <f.g.haas at gmx.net> wrote:
>> On 09/06/11 20:34, Pádraig Brady wrote:
>>> Currently anything that links with pacemaker-libs also
>>> needs to have access to all the cluster-glue-libs.
>>> In a bid to reduce this I've created a subset of clplumbing
>>> as a "libtool convenience library" within pacemaker.
>>> I've just done this as a patch and extra source archive
>>> in the rpm for the moment.
>>
>> Any plans to set up a branch in a GitHub repo for this? That would
>> facilitate testing and would also make it easier for Andrew to pull, I
>> imagine.
>
> Agreed. Proposing patches in the form of an SRPM is an unusual approach.

Fair enough. I wanted to gauge thoughts on the approach,
before proposing a pacemaker patch proper which would
involve bundling the clplumbing tarball with pacemaker
and providing an --enable-bundled-clplumbing configure option.

> Not sure its worth too much effort though, we'll likely be moving IPC
> and logging over to https://github.com/asalkeld/libqb in the near
> future (once a shipping version corosync uses it too).
> Not sure there is much left for cluster-glue to do after that.

OK thanks. I'll keep the above dependency minimization
within the fedora rpm for the moment, so.

thanks,
Pádraig.