[Pacemaker] minimizing cluster-glue dependencies

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Tue Sep 6 20:01:43 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:46 AM, Florian Haas <f.g.haas at gmx.net> wrote:
> On 09/06/11 20:34, Pádraig Brady wrote:
>> Currently anything that links with pacemaker-libs also
>> needs to have access to all the cluster-glue-libs.
>> In a bid to reduce this I've created a subset of clplumbing
>> as a "libtool convenience library" within pacemaker.
>> I've just done this as a patch and extra source archive
>> in the rpm for the moment.
>
> Any plans to set up a branch in a GitHub repo for this? That would
> facilitate testing and would also make it easier for Andrew to pull, I
> imagine.

Agreed. Proposing patches in the form of an SRPM is an unusual approach.
Not sure its worth too much effort though, we'll likely be moving IPC
and logging over to https://github.com/asalkeld/libqb in the near
future (once a shipping version corosync uses it too).
Not sure there is much left for cluster-glue to do after that.