[Pacemaker] IPaddr2 Netmask Bug Fix Issue

Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 04:26:49 EDT 2011

From: Pavel Levshin [mailto:pavel at levshin.spb.ru]
Sent: 25 March 2011 19:50
To: pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org
Subject: Re: [Pacemaker] IPaddr2 Netmask Bug Fix Issue

25.03.2011 18:47, Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk:

We configure a virtual IP on the non-arping lo interface of both servers
and then configure the IPaddr2 resource with lvs_support=true. This RA
will remove the duplicate IP from the lo interface when it becomes
active. Grouping the VIP with ldirectord/LVS we can have the
load-balancer and VIP on one node, balancing traffic to the other node
with failover where both resources failover together.

To do this we need to configure the VIP on lo as a 32 bit netmask but
the VIP on the eth0 interface needs to have a 24 bit netmask. This has
worked fine up until now and we base all of our clusters on this method.
Now what happens is that the find_interface() routine in IPaddr2 doesn't
remove the IP from lo when starting the VIP resource as it can't find it
due to the netmask not matching.

Do you really need the address to be deleted from lo? Having two
identical addresses on the Linux machine should not harm, if routing was
not affected. In your case, with /32 netmask on lo, I do not foresee any
problems.

We use it in this way, i.e. with the address set on lo permanently.

--
Pavel Levshin

Thanks Pavel,

However, this means I would have to disable LVS support for the
resource. Which means that to make it work with LVS I have to set
lvs_support to false.

Of course, I'll do whatever it takes on my set up to make it work, but
it's not intuitive for other users.

Regards

Darren Mansell