[Pacemaker] Stonith setup hostname params

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 28 10:35:31 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:54:28PM +0300, Pavel Levshin wrote:
> 22.03.2011 4:56, cfk at itri.org.tw:
> >
> > I try to setup a simple STONITH-enabled 2-node Cluster, but failed.
> >
> > I read the document,
> > http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf, and execute
> > the following CLI command
> >
> > crm configure primitive rsa-fencing stonith:external/ibmrsa params
> > hostname="alpha1 alpha2" ipaddr=192.168.75.178 userid=USR passwd=PWD
> > type=ibm op monitor interval="60s"
> >
> > The console print the ERROR message: “ERROR: rsa-fencing: parameter
> > alpha2 does not exist”
> >
> Currently, crm shell cannot handle quoted parameters with spaces from the command line. Try to enter it interactively:

The crm shell gets what bash (or dash) passes. The quotes are
gobbled by bash in that process. Basically, what you type is not
what crm sees.

> #crm
> crm(live)# configure

This can also be done by "crm configure". Other levels can also
be entered directly, e.g. "crm resource" or "crm node".

> crm(live)configure# primitive rsa-fencing \
> > stonith:external/ibmrsa params hostname="alpha1 alpha2" \
> > ipaddr=192.168.75.178 userid=USR passwd=PWD type=ibm \
> > op monitor interval="60s"

Right. I really don't understand why's everybody trying to
configure the cluster directly from bash instead of doing it in
crm configure.

Thanks,

Dejan