[Pacemaker] Very strange behavior on asymmetric cluster

Arthur B. Olsen ABO at ft.fo
Mon Mar 14 16:07:50 EDT 2011

If a mysql server is running on a cluster node which is not defined to run the mysql resource, pacemaker will mark it unmanaged and will not start it on the node which it is suppose to run on. Same goes for nfs-common. On my nfs servers nfs-common and nfs-kernel-server resources should be running, and all others have nfs-common installed. So pacemaker will just pick one random node marking the nfs-common resource as running unmanaged and will not start it where i specifically told it to run.

Likewise i can not have two drbd raid on different pair of node with the same name. My two nfs servers hava a drbd raid between them and my mysql servers hava a drbd raid running between them. Both had their resources called r0 and pacemaker one to be slave and one to be master, completely disregarding my location rules. Same with the mount point. I can't use the same folder name  on both sql and nfs server to mount the drbd0 disk in, because pacemaker will concider it mounted and not try to mount the second. Changing the names of the resources and the mount point solved the drbd issues.

Right now a mysql process is running as test on a web server in the cluster, and pacemaker will not start it on my sql servers, same for my nfs servers.

What i dont understand i why is pacemaker trying to monitor service on nodes that are not supposed to run the service. And why does it stop the service on the node that are supposed to run the service.

My config is here:

crm(live)configure# show
node nfs01 \
attributes standby="off"
node nfs02 \
attributes standby="off"
node proxy01 \
attributes standby="off" kernel="2.6.32-5-amd64"
node sql01 \
attributes standby="off"
node sql02 \
attributes standby="off"
node www02 \
attributes standby="off"
node www03 \
attributes standby="off"
primitive dnsmasq lsb:dnsmasq \
op monitor interval="60s" timeout="30s"
primitive drbd_mysql ocf:linbit:drbd \
params drbd_resource="s0" \
op monitor interval="15s"
primitive drbd_nfs ocf:linbit:drbd \
params drbd_resource="r0" \
op monitor interval="15s"
primitive fs_mysql ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
params device="/dev/drbd0" directory="/sqlstore01" fstype="ext4" \
op monitor interval="60s" timeout="30s"
primitive fs_nfs ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
params device="/dev/drbd0" directory="/datastore01" fstype="ext4" \
op monitor interval="60s" timeout="30s"
primitive fs_nfs_export ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
params device="/datastore01/exports/web" directory="/exports/web" fstype="none" options="bind" \
op monitor interval="60s" timeout="30s"
primitive ip_mysql ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
params ip="192.168.50.20" \
op monitor interval="60s" timeout="30s"
primitive ip_nfs ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
params ip="192.168.50.200" \
op monitor interval="60s" timeout="30s"
primitive mysqld lsb:mysql \
op monitor interval="60s" timeout="30s"
primitive nfscommon lsb:nfs-common \
op monitor interval="60s" timeout="30s"
primitive nfskernel lsb:nfs-kernel-server \
op monitor interval="60s" timeout="30s"
group mysql fs_mysql ip_mysql mysqld
group nfs fs_nfs fs_nfs_export ip_nfs nfscommon nfskernel dnsmasq
ms ms_drbd_mysql drbd_mysql \
meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2" clone-node-max="1" notify="true"
ms ms_drbd_nfs drbd_nfs \
meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2" clone-node-max="1" notify="true"
location ms_drbd_mysql_on_both ms_drbd_mysql \
rule $id="ms_drbd_mysql_on_both-rule" inf: #uname eq sql01 or #uname eq sql02
location ms_drbd_mysql_on_neither ms_drbd_mysql \
rule $id="ms_drbd_mysql_on_neither-rule" -inf: #uname ne sql01 and #uname ne sql02
location ms_drbd_mysql_pri_loc ms_drbd_mysql \
rule $id="ms_drbd_mysql_pri_loc-rule" $role="master" 100: #uname eq sql01
location ms_drbd_nfs_on_both ms_drbd_nfs \
rule $id="ms_drbd_nfs_on_both-rule" inf: #uname eq nfs01 or #uname eq nfs02
location ms_drbd_nfs_on_neither ms_drbd_nfs \
rule $id="ms_drbd_nfs_on_neither-rule" -inf: #uname ne nfs01 and #uname ne nfs02
location mysql_alt_loc mysql 100: sql02
location mysql_pri_loc mysql inf: sql01
location nfs_pri_loc nfs inf: nfs01
location nfs_sec_loc nfs 100: nfs02
colocation mysql_on_drbd inf: mysql ms_drbd_mysql:Master
colocation nfs_on_drbd inf: nfs ms_drbd_nfs:Master
order mysql_after_drbd inf: ms_drbd_mysql:promote mysql:start
order nfs_after_drbd inf: ms_drbd_nfs:promote nfs:start
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
dc-version="1.0.9-74392a28b7f31d7ddc86689598bd23114f58978b" \
cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
expected-quorum-votes="7" \
stonith-enabled="false" \
symmetric-cluster="false"