[Pacemaker] SMTP Sending via Pacemaker VIP

DooMRunneR doomrunner.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 08:21:10 EST 2011

Hello,

i test pacemaker and drbd for a HA Mail server solution with a primary
and a backup server.

Now we have the following problem.

Our primary server uses ip x.x.x.10, the backup x.x.x.20 and the virtual
IP which the services are available uses x.x.x.100

At the moment the primary server is the active mailserver-node. When a
user sends an e-mail via the primary node the internal ip x.x.x.10 is
used for sending, not the x.x.x.100.

This collides with our Firewall, only the 100 IP is allowed to send
mails out of our mailserver network. Our Mail-Solution does not have a
logic implemented for detecting which interface to use for an outgoing
connection or any connection for that matter. The system's kernel
determines this by analyzing the IP headers and based on the destination
address of the packet it routes the traffic according to the routing table.

I can't find the Pacemaker VIP in any kernel related routing tables, is
it possible to get those entries via pacemaker in my redhat distribution
so that my mailserver knows the he also uses the ip 100?

kind regards

anton