[Pacemaker] crm_gui login failure

Phil Armstrong pma at sgi.com
Tue Sep 28 08:46:56 EDT 2010

On 9/28/2010 at 04:11 PM, Yan Gao <ygao at novell.com> wrote:

> > The file is extracted from pacemaker-mgmt on package installation.
> > The back-end of the GUI (mgmtd) reads it for user authentication.
> > No one is supposed or needs to modify the file for any reason.
> >
> > So that's strange it was zeroed out. You might need to check the
> > modification time to recall what was happening.

Wild guess - was your system STONITH'd or otherwise forcibly reset,
immediately after installing pacemaker-mgmt, and are you using XFS
for your root filesystem?

Regards,

Tim

The scenario you present is very plausible. I can't say for sure how soon after installation the machine was reset, but it could very well have happened that way. I should know better than to reset with sync'ing.

Thanks, Phil

	Phil Armstrong       pma at sgi.com
	Phone: 651-683-5561  VNET 233-5561