[Pacemaker] /etc/hosts

Mark Horton mark at nostromo.net
Tue Sep 28 00:05:49 EDT 2010

Hello,
I was wondering what side effects occur if you don't add all the
cluster nodes to the /etc/hosts file on each node?

I'd also be interested in hearing how others keep the hosts file in
sync.  For example, lets say you have 3 nodes, and 1 node is currently
down.  Then you add a 4th node, but you can't update the hosts file of
the down node.  So you must remember to do it when it comes back up.
I was trying to see if there was an automated way to keep them in sync
in case we forget to update the hosts file on the down node.

Mark