[Pacemaker] crm_gui login failure

Yan Gao ygao at novell.com
Tue Sep 28 02:11:54 EDT 2010

On 09/28/10 01:25, Phil Armstrong wrote:
> I'm running pacemaker-1.1.2-0.6.1 on sles11sp1. I was only able to
> successfully login to the crm_gui from one of my nodes in spite of the
> fact that the login parameters appeared to be identical. I traced the
> problem to a zero length /etc/pam.d/hbmgmt file on the node that
> exhibited the login failure. This file is part of
> pacemaker-mgmt-2.0.0-0.3.10, which I have installed on both nodes.
>
> I had no previous knowledge of this file and so I am quite sure it
> wasn't anything I did consciously to zero out the file, or to
> consciously populate it with the contents of the working node:
>
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth include common-auth
> account include common-account
>

> Can anyone tell me how this file is created or modified ?
The file is extracted from pacemaker-mgmt on package installation.
The back-end of the GUI (mgmtd) reads it for user authentication.
No one is supposed or needs to modify the file for any reason.

So that's strange it was zeroed out. You might need to check the
modification time to recall what was happening.

Regards,
  Yan
--
Yan Gao <ygao at novell.com>