[Pacemaker] crm_gui login failure

Phil Armstrong pma at sgi.com
Mon Sep 27 13:25:45 EDT 2010

I'm running pacemaker-1.1.2-0.6.1 on sles11sp1. I was only able to
successfully login to the crm_gui from one of my nodes in spite of the
fact that the login parameters appeared to be identical. I traced the
problem to a zero length /etc/pam.d/hbmgmt file on the node that
exhibited the login failure. This file is part of
pacemaker-mgmt-2.0.0-0.3.10, which I have installed on both nodes.

I had no previous knowledge of this file and so I am quite sure it
wasn't anything I did consciously to zero out the file, or to
consciously populate it with the contents of the working node:

#%PAM-1.0
auth include common-auth
account include common-account

Can anyone tell me how this file is created or modified ?

Thanks, Phil

	Phil Armstrong       pma at sgi.com
	Phone: 651-683-5561  VNET 233-5561