[Pacemaker] quorum forum

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Mon Sep 13 03:51:57 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Brandon DeYoung
<brandon.deyoung at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Clusterlabs mailing list,
>
> Some of my co-workers are frustrated with ricci and luci. Hence, I am on a
> Quixotic quest for something "better".
>
> I'm following the Pacemaker Cluster from Scratch guide.
>
> In the example setup of a 2-node cluster quoration is ignored with this
> config:
>
> crm configure property no-quorum-policy="ignore"
>
> In RHCS i got accustomed to using a quorum disk in a 2-node cluster. I've
> searched, but have been unable to find any reference to something similar in
> pacemaker. Is this something that is planned or is the value of this
> approach dubious?
>
> Thanks for any and all thoughts on this!

>From what I hear, qdisk is definitely over-used.

In the world of pacemaker, we don't rely on quorum to the extent that
other resource managers do - so we have no real need to fake having
it.
In your situation fencing[1] + no-quorum-policy="ignore" should
normally be sufficient.
Or add a third with standby=true set (prevents it from hosting
resources) to act as a tie-breaker.

[1] Be sure to read http://ourobengr.com/ha