[Pacemaker] Startup ordering problem

Jody Nickel jnickel at coretrace.com
Thu Sep 9 11:43:48 EDT 2010

I'm attempting to deliver my first clustering solution and
I'm making progress but I'm having trouble with getting
things to start in the proper order.

Here is what I'd like it to do:

The two database services run on "special" nodes that have
more disk capacity. At most 2 nodes in the cluster can
be database nodes, 1 primary 1 replicated.

Apache can run on any node in the cluster, load balances to
the tomcat nodes.

Tomcat runs on every node in the cluster.

When the primary database (non-standby database) goes down
I need for Tomcat to be restarted so that any database connections
to the failed db service are gone, and brought back up after the standby
has been re-started as the new primary.

Apache should probably be the last service up, so that when it's IP
responds Tomcat and the database are up and ready and requests can
be serviced w/o failures.

If the node running the primary database is taken down, the
standby database stops and then restarts as the primary, but
the tomcat isn't restarted so it still maintains database
connections in it's connection pool to the old server and fails
when trying to fill requests.

node server1 \
	attributes db="true" standby="off"
node server2 \
	attributes db="true" standby="off"
primitive ApacheServer ocf:heartbeat:apache \
	params statusurl="http://10.9.99.10/index.html" port="80" \
        testregex="success" envfiles="/etc/apache2/envvars" \
        configfile="/etc/apache2/apache2.conf" httpd="/usr/sbin/apache2" \
	op monitor interval="1min" \
	op start interval="0" timeout="90s" \
	op stop interval="0" timeout="90s"
primitive ApacheServerEndPointIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
	params ip="10.9.99.11" cidr_netmask="20" \
	op monitor interval="90s"
primitive ApacheServerManagementIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
	params ip="10.9.99.10" cidr_netmask="20" \
	op monitor interval="90s"
primitive PrimaryDB lsb:primarydb.rb \
	op monitor interval="1min" \
	meta priority="50"
primitive PrimaryDBIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
	params ip="10.9.99.12" cidr_netmask="20" \
	op monitor interval="90s" \
	op stop interval="0" timeout="180s" \
	op start interval="0" timeout="90s"
primitive StandbyDB lsb:failoverdb.rb \
	op monitor interval="1min" \
	meta priority="10"
primitive StandbyDBIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
	params ip="10.9.99.13" cidr_netmask="20" \
	op monitor interval="90s" \
	op stop interval="0" timeout="180s" \
	op start interval="0" timeout="90s"
primitive Tomcat lsb:tomcat6 \
	op monitor interval="1min"
group apache_group ApacheServerManagementIP \
                   ApacheServerEndPointIP \
                   ApacheServer

group primary_group PrimaryDB PrimaryDBIP
group standby_group StandbyDB StandbyDBIP

clone tomcat_group Tomcat \
	meta globally-unique="false"

colocation SeparatePrimaryAndStandby -inf: StandbyDB PrimaryDB

order startup_order inf: primary_group:start \
                         tomcat_group:start \
                         apache_group:start
order stop_order inf: apache_group:stop \
                      tomcat_group:stop \
                      primary_group:stop

property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
	dc-version="1.0.8-042548a451fce8400660f6031f4da6f0223dd5dd" \
	cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
	expected-quorum-votes="2" \
	stonith-enabled="false" \
	no-quorum-policy="ignore" \