[Pacemaker] Info on customization of RA

Tim Serong tserong at novell.com
Sun May 30 21:33:42 EDT 2010

On 5/28/2010 at 10:55 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I tried this approach and it seems to work ootb.
> But I would like to know if there could be silent drawbacks or potential
> problems from a technical point of view.
>
> Under /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/ I create a directory named myocfdir and
> inside it I put a copy of an existing RA (eg apache)
> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/apache renaming it apache2 in this new
> directory
>
> Then I can customize its parameters or workflow or whatever else, respecting
> RA principles, and refer to it in my resources in this way:
>
> primitive myapache ocf:myocfdir:apache2 \
> params configfile="/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf" statusurl="
> http://localhost:80/server-status" \
> op monitor interval="1min" \
> op start interval="0" timeout="40" \
> op stop interval="0" timeout="60"
>
> Keeping save gpl obligations for the ra, the sharing
> of personalizations that could be useful for the community, ecc...
> (it is only an example to give the idea... no intention to modify the apache
> RA ;-)
>
> Could this be a runnable approach?
> Also to put for example totally new personal RAs in new dirs?

Nothing wrong with that.  That's actually exactly what you *should* do
if you're writing your own RAs that aren't going to be pushed upstream
into either of the resource-agents or pacemaker packages.

Regards,

Tim

--
Tim Serong <tserong at novell.com>
Senior Clustering Engineer, OPS Engineering, Novell Inc.