[Pacemaker] Info on customization of RA

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri May 28 08:55:29 EDT 2010

Hello,
I tried this approach and it seems to work ootb.
But I would like to know if there could be silent drawbacks or potential
problems from a technical point of view.

Under /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/ I create a directory named myocfdir and
inside it I put a copy of an existing RA (eg apache)
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/apache renaming it apache2 in this new
directory

Then I can customize its parameters or workflow or whatever else, respecting
RA principles, and refer to it in my resources in this way:

primitive myapache ocf:myocfdir:apache2 \
params configfile="/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf" statusurl="
http://localhost:80/server-status" \
op monitor interval="1min" \
op start interval="0" timeout="40" \
op stop interval="0" timeout="60"

Keeping save gpl obligations for the ra, the sharing
of personalizations that could be useful for the community, ecc...
(it is only an example to give the idea... no intention to modify the apache
RA ;-)

Could this be a runnable approach?
Also to put for example totally new personal RAs in new dirs?

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca