[Pacemaker] pengine self-maintenance

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Wed May 19 13:26:07 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 09:13:28AM -0400, Vadym Chepkov wrote:

> On May 17, 2010, at 11:38 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> >
> > You don't want to set it that low. PE input files are part of
> > your cluster history. Set it to a few thousand.
> >

> What could be the side-backs of having it too low?
> How are these files being used?

They could be used by you as audit records, if you want to review
what has happened in the cluster sometimes in the past. The
filesystem should be able to handle a few thousand files and they
are quite small.

> And shouldn't be some reasonable default be in place? I just
> happened to notice 90% inode utilization on my /var, some could
> be not so lucky.

Yes, that could be a problem. Perhaps that default could be
changed to say 10000 which would be close enough to unlimited for
clusters in normal use :)

Thanks,

Dejan