[Pacemaker] pengine self-maintenance

Vadym Chepkov vchepkov at gmail.com
Wed May 19 09:13:28 EDT 2010

On May 17, 2010, at 11:38 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:

> You don't want to set it that low. PE input files are part of
> your cluster history. Set it to a few thousand.

What could be the side-backs of having it too low?
How are these files being used?

And shouldn't be some reasonable default be in place? I just happened to notice 90% inode utilization on my /var, some could be not so lucky.

>> # ls /var/lib/pengine/|wc -l
>> 123500

>>> Unless there is a bug somewhere, it should be storing only the last
>>> 100 configurations.
>>
>> you are right, they are being "reused"

I found another bug/feature :)
When it's time to reutilize cib-/pe-xxx the process starts with 1, but initial start creates files with 0 suffix
So you have your pe-warn-0.bz2 frozen in time, for example :)

>>> Its controlled by the crmd, so its in the "crmd metadata" output.
>>
>> Ah, then crm cli has a bug?
>>
>> When you click <TAB> metadata of crmd is not shown:
>>
>> crm(live)configure# property
>> batch-limit=                  no-quorum-policy=             pe-input-series-max=          stonith-enabled=
>> cluster-delay=                node-health-green=            pe-warn-series-max=           stonith-timeout=
>> default-action-timeout=       node-health-red=              remove-after-stop=            stop-all-resources=
>> default-resource-stickiness=  node-health-strategy=         start-failure-is-fatal=       stop-orphan-actions=
>> is-managed-default=           node-health-yellow=           startup-fencing=              stop-orphan-resources=
>> maintenance-mode=             pe-error-series-max=          stonith-action=               symmetric-cluster=
>
> Yes, you can file a bugzilla for that. Note that the property
> will still be set if you type it.

Done, Bug 2419

Thanks,
Vadym