[Pacemaker] sles11, ocfs2, 2 node cluster with one storage, failover problem

Patrik.Rapposch at knapp.com Patrik.Rapposch at knapp.com
Mon May 17 06:24:12 EDT 2010

hy,

I have following problem:

I configured a 2 node cluster running SLES11 with the HAE extension. I use
"pacemaker-1.0.3-4.1", "openais-0.80.3-26.1" and "ocfs2 1.4.1".
I used the SLES high availabilty guide to configure my cluster.

I have 2 ocfs2 mount clone-resources running on the cluster.

My first problem was, that the cluster didn't work in any way, because I
defined 2 rings in the openais.conf, which only will be supported from
novell with the SLES SP1, so I switched back to one ring.

The major problem I have now is following:

When I reboot one node, or stop openais on one node, the cluster behaves as
it should, that means the surviving node
is still able to access the ocfs2 mounts and works normaly.

But if I trigger an ifdown command on the interface, which is defined in
the openais.conf, the node hangs and restarts after a while. The surviving
node doesn't support to open any other ssh sessions and if I try to open a
mounted directory, the existing session hangs and I have to wait, till the
first node is up again.

I don't have a glue how this can happen and hope, that you can help me.

Attached you can find my configs and failure logs.

(See attached file: config_plus_failure_logs.rtf)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Patrik Rapposch, Bsc.
Systemadministration

KNAPP Systemintegration GmbH