[Pacemaker] DRBD Management Console 0.6.0

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Mon Mar 8 09:23:14 EST 2010

On 2010-03-02T12:18:44, Michael Schwartzkopff <misch at multinet.de> wrote:

> > cool stuff. It's sad that we end up with a competing thingy ... Maybe we
> > could keep Tim's pure web-ui for the monitoring and most simple bits and
> > have drbd-mc replace the python UI.
> I'd prefer python-UI AND MC. Some like Java, some don't. Some have a Windows
> PC on their desk, some don't. It's all about flexibility and choices.

Well, choice is great, but choice carries a cost. It's easy to say that
you want it all if it's not you who has to pay or work for a particular
part ;-)

And there's also the complexity of documentation, users's choice, etc. I
really would prefer to not have that many choices.

> Web-UI for Monitoring: This can already be done with crm_mon -d -h state.html
> already in a very basic way.

That is too basic, though, since it doesn't permit even the most
fundamental operations.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.