[Pacemaker] trying to stabilize sbd stonith

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu Feb 25 14:46:30 EST 2010

On 2010-02-25T20:30:05, Sander van Vugt <mail at sandervanvugt.nl> wrote:

> Following up on my message that I've sent yesterday. In my 2-node test
> cluster, sbd stonith works in an excellent way. In my customers 3-node
> cluster it almost works in an excellent way. That is: I've got one node
> that is in an uninterrupted STONITH loop. It comes up with a status
> online, then online becomes online(clean) after which it receives a
> stonith and restart. I think it's kind of cool to see that it works, but
> I would like to get out of this loop.

The answer as to why it reboots is in the logs. It always is. ;-)

If it is stonith'ed, the answer may be in the logs of the other nodes.

> missing something very obvious. What I know is that it does see the
> stonith device. But: the softdog watchdog module doesn't want to load,
> and I have no clue what the watchdog module for this server (Dell
> PowerEdge 2950) might be.

Why doesn't it load? (The usual reason for softdog not loading is that
another watchdog driver is already loaded.)

If you suspect the watchdog is the problem, you can disable it
temporarily to see what happens.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.