[Pacemaker] trying to stabilize sbd stonith

Sander van Vugt mail at sandervanvugt.nl
Thu Feb 25 14:30:05 EST 2010

Following up on my message that I've sent yesterday. In my 2-node test
cluster, sbd stonith works in an excellent way. In my customers 3-node
cluster it almost works in an excellent way. That is: I've got one node
that is in an uninterrupted STONITH loop. It comes up with a status
online, then online becomes online(clean) after which it receives a
stonith and restart. I think it's kind of cool to see that it works, but
I would like to get out of this loop. I've got the feeling that I'm
missing something very obvious. What I know is that it does see the
stonith device. But: the softdog watchdog module doesn't want to load,
and I have no clue what the watchdog module for this server (Dell
PowerEdge 2950) might be. Or am I looking in the wrong direction? I've
got the impression that I am overlooking something very obvious
(therefore, no log files and other information (yet))

I would appreciate your help,

Thanks,
Sander