[Pacemaker] Pacemaker, openais, Xen, drbd and ocfs2 with Opensuse 11.2

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Feb 24 11:36:46 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 2:13 AM, Helmut Weymann <helmut at h-weymann.de> wrote:
> Please help me to find and/or build the necessary rpms or sources.
>
> My current system consists of
>
> - two PCs with opensuse 11.2 as dom0.
>
> - three paravirtualized domu. Each of them opensuse 11.1 using a drbd device
>
> with physical partitions on each PC as disk. This setup enables life
> migration
>
> between the PCs.
>
> - a fourth drbd device cut out of two logical volumes.
>
> - The four drbd devices are four different drbd resources all allowing two
>
> primaries.
>
> - pacemaker cluster with openais, stonith device and Cluster ip is installed
>
> and configured. I did use the three repositories: opensuse 11.2,
> ha-clustering
>
> at opensuse and clusterlab repository for opensuse 11.2.
>
> Installing the right components
>
> I have gone through a large number of documents about pacemaker, openais,
> Xen,
>
> drbd and ocfs2. The different installation and configuration guides did not
>
> help me to get a straightforward approach.
>
> The first obstacle is to find compatible releases of the required rpms.
>
> primary source is obviously the opensuse repository 11.2 including the
> update
>
> repository. Two additional repositories are
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/ha-clustering/ and
>
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/rpm/.

For everything up to and including pacemaker, I'd suggest
http://www.clusterlabs.org/rpm/
The problem being that i've not had time to include the elements above
pacemaker (like ocfs2-tools, the gui, etc).

I'd grab a consistent stack from clusterlabs and build the two or
three extra bits rest with "rpmbuild --rebuild" from the srpm.

> Current sources for ocfs2 and drbd can be found at oracle and linbit. Some
>
> source-rpms can even be found at opensuse and clusterlabs.
>
> The most surprising deviation from published documentation is the drbd
>
> implemtation of opensuse 11.2. Though the drbd version is 8.3.4 it does not
>
> install the linbit drbd resource script.
>
> The next difficult part are the ocfs2-tools 1.4.1 from opensuse. They
> require
>
> openais 0.8 and I failed building ocfs2-tools 1.4.2 from the oracle sources.
>
> Building drbd 8.3.7 from linbit sources did work. Problem arose through
>
> missing kernel modules. I may have taken the wrong path to build install
> drbd
>
> 8.3.7 from source.

there were two sets of rpms that need to be built iirc

to byuild the kernel i had to do:

rpmbuild -ba --define "_sourcedir `pwd`/.." drbd-km.spec