[Pacemaker] Frustrating fun with Pacemaker / CentOS / Apache

Paul Graydon paul at ehawaii.gov
Fri Feb 19 14:13:43 EST 2010

On 2/19/2010 12:01 AM, Tom Weber wrote:
>>> I've looked into this with fresh eyes this morning and managed to track
>>> down the problem to this addition to the related to meta
>>> target-role="Started"
>>>
>>> Not sure quite where I picked that up from, presumably one of the
>>> configurations I used as a template?  Without setting it as an attribute
>>> it works fine, tested and retested with and without that addition.
>>>
>>> This works:
>>> primitive failover-apache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
>>>           params configfile="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf"
>>> httpd="/usr/sbin/httpd" port="80" \
>>>           op monitor interval="5s" timeout="20s"
>>> statusurl="https://valid.test.url/index.html"
>>>
>>> This doesn't:
>>> primitive failover-apache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
>>>           params configfile="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf"
>>> httpd="/usr/sbin/httpd" port="80" \
>>>           op monitor interval="5s" timeout="20s"
>>> statusurl="https://valid.test.url/index.html" \
>>>       meta target-role="Started"
>>>
> do you still have the group resource from your initial post in your
> config?
>
> group web-cluster failover-ip failover-apache \
>           meta target-role="Started"
>

>> That's weird.  That attribute shouldn't make any difference in this case -
>> it's just telling the cluster that it should try to start the resource,
>> which is the default anyway.
>>

>>> My understanding of the meta bits is a little weak, and I can't find an
>>> explanation as to what target-role is actually trying to do.
>>>
>> It specifies the state the resource is meant to be in[1], i.e. stopped,
>> started, or a master or slave (the latter of which you would use for an active/passive DRBD clone pair, for example).
>>
> I found that meta target-role in primitives that are members of a group
> conflict with the target-role of the group, so i got rid of these in the
> primitives.
>
>    Tom

In this case, no, it's not but thats an interesting thought.  I'm going
to knock up a couple of simple VMs and test this particular quirk to
make sure I'm working from clean.  I'll update once I've seen what
happens in a definitely clean environment.

Paul

--

Paul Graydon
Senior Systems Administrator
paul at ehawaii.gov
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email and any attachments are confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you do not have permission
to disclose, copy, distribute, or open any attachments.  If
you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this
copy from your system.

Thank you.
Hawaii Information Consortium, LLC