[Pacemaker] Frustrating fun with Pacemaker / CentOS / Apache

Tom Weber l_pacemaker at mail2news.4t2.com
Fri Feb 19 05:01:08 EST 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 18.02.2010, 15:25 -0700 schrieb Tim Serong:

> > > You can also set your own "testregex" which should match the
> > > output of "statusurl". Since resource agents release 1.0.2,
> > > apache can also do more thorough tests (see "crm ra info apache"
> > > or ocf_heartbeat_apache(7)).

> > > I really don't think there is a need to change anything there.
> > > Otherwise, apache would never be able to work. If you think you
> > > found a problem, you can try to wrap the critical part in
> > > "set -x/+x" and we'll see what the output looks like.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Dejan
> > >
> > I've looked into this with fresh eyes this morning and managed to track
> > down the problem to this addition to the related to meta
> > target-role="Started"
> >
> > Not sure quite where I picked that up from, presumably one of the
> > configurations I used as a template?  Without setting it as an attribute
> > it works fine, tested and retested with and without that addition.
> >
> > This works:
> > primitive failover-apache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
> >          params configfile="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf"
> > httpd="/usr/sbin/httpd" port="80" \
> >          op monitor interval="5s" timeout="20s"
> > statusurl="https://valid.test.url/index.html"
> >
> > This doesn't:
> > primitive failover-apache ocf:heartbeat:apache \
> >          params configfile="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf"
> > httpd="/usr/sbin/httpd" port="80" \
> >          op monitor interval="5s" timeout="20s"
> > statusurl="https://valid.test.url/index.html" \
> >      meta target-role="Started"

do you still have the group resource from your initial post in your
config?

group web-cluster failover-ip failover-apache \
         meta target-role="Started"

> That's weird.  That attribute shouldn't make any difference in this case -
> it's just telling the cluster that it should try to start the resource,
> which is the default anyway.
>
> > My understanding of the meta bits is a little weak, and I can't find an
> > explanation as to what target-role is actually trying to do.
>
> It specifies the state the resource is meant to be in[1], i.e. stopped,
> started, or a master or slave (the latter of which you would use for an active/passive DRBD clone pair, for example).

I found that meta target-role in primitives that are members of a group
conflict with the target-role of the group, so i got rid of these in the
primitives.

  Tom