[Pacemaker] cluster/load balancing in openvz containers

wessel wessel at techtribe.nl
Thu Feb 25 05:56:32 EST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to get load balancing working on my test configuration which
consist of openvz containers (I would even like to use openvz on the
production machines if possible, makes configuration/migration etc easy).

I have the HA part working, I created venet interfaces on the containers
en added them together with the host interface in a bridge on the host.
This even works with 3 containers on 2 different hardware hosts.

The load balancing part is a bit more problematic: I created a clone of
the ip and of the website, and it starts the web server on both
containers, so till there it looks fine.
But if I do requests it always seems to come from the same node. Until I
put that node in standby, than I get the requests from another node.

My host is ubuntu hardy 8.04, my containers are debian lenny. Could the
problem be because of the http://www.linux-ha.org/ClusterIP ,
ipt_CLUSTERIP which is probably missing in my container kernel? I don't
get any error messages in the logfile. At least none that looks related.

Below is my config.

Thanks for any help/suggestions!

Wessel

node test2 \
     attributes standby="off"
node test3 \
     attributes standby="off"
node test4 \
     attributes standby="on"
primitive Website ocf:heartbeat:apache \
     params configfile="/etc/apache2/apache2.conf" \
     op monitor interval="10s"
primitive failover-ip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr \
     params ip="10.111.112.34" \
     op monitor interval="10s"
clone WebIP failover-ip \
     meta globally-unique="true" clone-max="2" clone-node-max="2"
clone WebsiteClone Website
colocation website-with-ip inf: WebsiteClone WebIP
order apache-after-ip inf: WebIP WebsiteClone
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
     dc-version="1.0.7-54d7869bfe3691eb723b1d47810e5585d8246b58" \
     cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
     expected-quorum-votes="3" \
     stonith-enabled="false" \
     no-quorum-policy="ignore"