[Pacemaker] Assessment of the performance of a Pacemaker/Corosync active/active cluster

Francesco Petretti fpetretti at secure-edge.com
Fri Apr 16 09:05:31 EDT 2010

We have a couple of VMWare virtual machines, both running the same
Operating System (RHEL 5.4);
these guest systems run on different virtualization hosts.

Both nodes run an Apache web server, serving the pages: "I am node 1"
and "I am node 2".

We have noticed that if a client accesses the floating IP, we get a
transactions per second (TPS) number which is approximately 20% of the
number that we get contacting real IPs.

The configuration of these two nodes was done as outlined in:
http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf

Which parameters should we modify to improve the performance? (if the
performance _can _be improved...).
Can performance be improved ?

--
/******