[Pacemaker] Can I edit apache configuration file using pacemaker?

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 22 17:42:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 07:25:27PM +0200, gilberto migliavacca wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have this problem and I'd like to know if I can solve
> it using pacemaker
>
> I have 2 nodes with apache + modjk  + tomcat on both nodes,
> moreover the modjk components point to the tomcat on both nodes
> in this way the configuration (worker.properties) file of the modjk
> keeps the information about the tomcat on the 2 nodes.
>
> something like:
>
> apache                   apache
> modjk----       ----  modjk
>               \     /
>                 \ /
> tomcat<-- / \--> tomcat
> I'd like to understand if I can modify the modjk configuration
> file (worker.properties) using some pacemaker commands
>
> in this way I can
> - deactivate a node (modifying the modjk and launching a graceful
> command to apache
> - wait until the node finishes up all the active session
> - apply a patch on the node
> - restart the node
>
> all the steps about start/stop I understood I can do it with
> pacemaker, my problem is about the file modification.
>
> Can I edit the modjk configuration  file (worker.properties)
> using some pacemaker commands?
>
> thanks in advance ... sorry for this complicated question

All the cluster knows is how to start, stop, and monitor a
resource. The resource is represented and directly controlled by
the corresponding resource agent. If you can fit whatever you
want to do into a script and then have it do thing 1 on start and
thing 2 on stop and that it returns a proper status when invoked
with the monitor action (though there are also scripts which are
stateless, take a look for example at ocf:heartbeat:Dummy), then
you should be good to go. But note that one resource should not
influence the status of another resource while it's running.

Thanks,

Dejan