[Pacemaker] Pacemaker cluster: OpenAis communication channels

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Thu Oct 22 03:27:06 EDT 2009

On 10/22/2009 08:40 AM, Romain CHANU wrote:
> Florian, I have checked the different links you have sent and I am a bit
> confused with this RRP matter.
>
> I want to use two machines (primary / secondary) and set up the
> following interfaces:
>
> - eth0 : direct link between primary and secondary
> - bond0: bonding of eth1 and eth2 (redundant network with two switches).
>
> Will there be any issues while using these two interfaces for OpenAis
> communication channels? (especially with the bonding)

Whether or not one of them is bonded is irrelevant for the issues I
described. And unless Steve says something different, then I would
expect that the issues described in the two threads -- namely, manual
intervention being required to heal a link after a failure, and passive
mode RRP not working -- would apply to that setup.

But Steve's the authority here, not me. :)

Cheers,
Florian