[Pacemaker] aisexec high cputime on debian

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Sun Oct 18 11:12:19 EDT 2009

Am Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2009 12:42:44 schrieb Kees Hoekzema:
> Hello List,
>
> Since a few days I have been playing around with pacemaker on my debian
> install. The installation, although not standard, went quite well. However
> I am running into a problem.
>
> Aisexec is eating up quite a bit of cputime. This is the output from a ps
> aux when it ran less than 15 hours, after which aisexec consumed over 60
> minutes of cputime. I understand that it needs some resources to do its
> job, but an average of 6-7% cpu all the time seems a bit high to me.
>
> USER       PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
> root      4261  6.5  1.0 106472 38660 ?        SLl  Oct17  60:48
> /usr/sbin/aisexec
>
> Searching on this list gave me:
> [Pacemaker] Aisexec use 50% cpu:
> http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2009-September/002814.html
>
> In this mail someone else complains about roughly the same behavior.
> Michael Schwartzkopff states that it should be fixed in a patch, and that
> those patches should be in the ha-corosync repository. However, the newest
> debian packages can be found on the 'ha' repository again since 13-10.
>
> So I installed these packages and got the following:
> Package: pacemaker-openais
> Version: 1.0.5+hg20091012-1~bpo50+1
>
> My question: Is it normal for aisexec, using these packages, to consume
> this much cpu? If it is not, how can I fix it, and if it is normal; is
> there a way to make it consume less cpu? The cpu in this server is an
> X5570, one of the fastest CPU's you can get nowadays.
>
> -kees

Hi,

this topic was discussed already several times on the list. This was a bug on
pacemaker which was fixed in August. The debian packages do not (yet) include
the fix.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42