[Pacemaker] Installation woes (w/Debian packages)

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Thu Oct 15 05:17:33 EDT 2009

On 10/15/2009 10:51 AM, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 10:07:56AM +0200, Colin wrote:
>>>
>>> Agreed. ?I've started working on some howtos to fill the gap, but it
>>> will take time :-)
>>
>> Another question regarding how to activate a pacemaker config: Is
>> there any way to activate the config before the cluster starts up?
>>
>> (Scenario is that the installation of the cluster nodes is fully
>> automatic. It seems a bit awkward how to configure pacemaker if I
>> can't just write out a config file during install: I need to somehow
>> make sure that on first system boot a script that activates my config
>> is executed, but not too early because it takes a minute or so until
>> cibadmin(1) and friends actually work...)
>
> I believe you can drop a cib.xml into place before the cluster first starts
> and it'll pick up and run with that.

and do not forget to remove or regenerate the
/var/lib/heartbeat/crm/cib.xml.sig file.

moreover, i would also remove all /var/lib/heartbeat/crm/cib-*.raw*
files (i do not know for sure, what they do ;) ). but to my experience,
it is save to remove them if you want to init a cluster "from scratch".

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15