[Pacemaker] updating mac address during fail-over

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 14 05:50:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 08:52:36PM -0600, Billy Guthrie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using pacemaker-openais version 1.0.4.1 and I have a
> question; Is it possible to update the MAC address on
> fail-over. I would like to keep the MAC address the same from
> one NIC to the other as I have an application that binds the
> license key to the MAC address.
> If that is not possible, what about running a script on the
> primary/secondary; If there is a failover detected, either the
> primary or secondary runs a command/script.

You can make a resource agent and place it along with the ip
resource. Or update the existing IPaddr/IPaddr2 resource agents
to accept extra parameter and set the hardware address. Note that
the existing resource agents work only with aliases. I don't know
what happens to the base interface address if the hw address
changes.

Thanks,

Dejan