[Pacemaker] updating mac address during fail-over

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Wed Oct 14 03:39:33 EDT 2009

On 10/11/2009 04:52 AM, Billy Guthrie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using pacemaker-openais version 1.0.4.1 and I have a question; Is
> it possible to update the MAC address on fail-over. I would like
> to keep the MAC address the same from one NIC to the other as I have an
> application that binds the license key to the MAC address.
> If that is not possible, what about running a script on the
> primary/secondary; If there is a failover detected, either the primary
> or secondary
> runs a command/script.

what about using some kind of dummy/tunl/... device for that?

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15