[Pacemaker] why use ocf::linbit:drbd instead of ocf::heartbeat:drbd?

Johan Verrept Johan.Verrept at able.be
Tue Oct 13 04:22:59 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 09:52 +0200, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Johan Verrept <Johan.Verrept at able.be> wrote:
> >>
> >> I think rather than remove it (which would break existing clusters),
> >> i'd rewrite it to look for the linbit one and re-exec that.
> >
> > Re-execing the linbit RA would break the cluster in less than obvious
> > ways if they depend on the values of the master preference.
>
> -ENOITWOULDNT

-EINVAL :)

If the user configuration depends on the values assigned to the master
preference (ie, when they have other reasons to move the master),
everything would boot fine, work fine but the preference values no
longer make sense. This may become apparant when booting the cluster or
only when something goes wrong.
Linbit changed those values on my request a little while ago. So if it
doesn't break in the first upgrade, it will break in the next.