[Pacemaker] why use ocf::linbit:drbd instead ofocf::heartbeat:drbd?

Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 06:13:21 EDT 2009

On 2009-10-10 10:37, xin.liang at cs2c.com.cn wrote:
>  Hi all:
>
>  As I known, drbd (8.3.2 and above) in pacemaker has 2 ocf scripts,
> one is from linbit, the other one is from heartbeat .
>
>  In Andrew's "Cluster form Scratch - Fedora 11" , "Configure the
> Cluster for DRBD" , he uses ocf::linbit:drbd instead of
> ocf::heartbeat:drbd
>
>  why?

Because the heartbeat one is broken. It's that simple. Don't use it.

Can you say what parts are broken though? We have just completed 2 large projects using the heartbeat RA for DRBD as the Linbit version was not available at the start. SLES 11 HAE only ships DRBD 8.2.7 and using the later linbit OCF RA means compiling a later DRBD usertools and module from source and then it's not supported by Novell.

We haven't encountered any problems with the heartbeat RA yet and we can't just change to the later version without lots of testing.

Thanks.