[Pacemaker] Low cost stonith device

Johan Verrept Johan.Verrept at able.be
Mon Oct 5 07:49:25 EDT 2009

Hi Dejan,

We are glad to contribute. Pacemaker is an impressive project.

I used wget because I had prior experience. I am used to Gentoo systems,
so wget is always installed. Since the output isn't restricted to just
the information I want, I would have to sed the output anyway and the
lack of \n actually makes it easier. If all the other RAs use a single
tool, I will adapt the RA.
The cgi interface is actually documented in the manual so I hope they
also have the decency to keep it stable. If not, I will probably have to
do the maintenance anyway.

I was already writing a follow-up when I realised that the device needed
configuration before the RA would work :) I have added the necessary
documentation in comments. It now includes a link to the product manual
too. Feel free to copy it to a seperate README if that suits your needs
better.

Btw, since I found references to some of their other products in the
telnet interface, I think they use this firmware for many of their
products. It seems likely that this RA will work for some of the other
power switching products.

Regards,

  Johan

#
# Documentation:
#
#   Manufacturer URL: http://www.aviosys.com/ip_power_9258hp.html
#   Manual URL: http://www.aviosys.com/manual/9258HP_EN.pdf
#
#   Initially, the device is set up with a configuration tool for
windows.
#   This allows you to detect device and find its network settings. You
#   can then configure the device with new network settings with that
#   tool or just do it yourself with a browser. I used the latter
#   method. I set the device to DHCP and assigned it a static lease.
#
#   Second step is to name the ports so the RA can find which port to
#   reset for which host. Assign the ports a name equal to the
#   hostname of your system (without domain part): name a port node1
#   if the fqdn of the connected devce is node1.example.com
#   One of the minus points here is that the names are restricted to 15
#   characters so fqdns are not an option.
#
#   Last step is to supply the RA with the IP of the device and the
username
#   and password to allow it to reset ports. You can use the default
admin
#   account or create an account for the RA through the web interface
of
#   the device.
#