[Pacemaker] monitoring events exported through web interface?

martin.braun at icw.de martin.braun at icw.de
Wed Jun 24 05:04:34 EDT 2009

Hi Dimitar,

> > I need to publish certain resource states in my cluster through
> > a web interface which can be accessed remotely by load
> > balancers and other health-checking software.  Is there a
> > standard way to do this?

The "standard way" should be SNMP- nearly every health-checking software
(nagios, munin, etc.) speaks snmp.

Pacemaker supports SNMP  so you could use something like munin (
http://munin.projects.linpro.no/wiki/Using_SNMP_plugins) to collect the
SNMP data. Munin is relatively easy to setup.

I would try something like having munin-nodes (clone-res.) on the cluster
and the munin server elsewhere for health statistics.

HTH,
Martin