[Pacemaker] configuring pingd and hbaping with CentOS 5's heartbeat rpms.

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 10 10:39:29 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 02:44:21PM -0600, Lundgren, Andrew wrote:
> I am working on configuring my first clusters using Linux HA.
> I started with 2.99 and ended up falling back to 2.1.3 because
> I want the snmp functionality provided by hbagent and it seemed
> to be gone from the newer versions.

I'd suggest to try again. You'll get much better support and
better code and more features. hbagent is part of the
pacemaker-mgmt package.

> I have managed to get my two nodes talking, my resources are
> failing back and forth and traps are being sent on the events.
> I am having some trouble figuring out how to get pingd to work
> to detect when my machines can't talk to their gateway to
> trigger a failover.

Try
http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/Image:Configuration_Explained_1.0.pdf

Did you check this http://www.linux-ha.org/ha.cf/HbapingDirective

> Can someone point me to a good source of documentation or
> provide an XML snippet and explanation on how to configure
> these features?

I think you'll find a bunch of XML snippets for pingd in the
archives of the mailing list. With hbaping, the situation is
probably different, though I'm sure that there are people using
it.

Thanks,

Dejan