[Pacemaker] configuring pingd and hbaping with CentOS 5's heartbeat rpms.

Lundgren, Andrew Andrew.Lundgren at Level3.com
Tue Jun 9 16:44:21 EDT 2009

I am working on configuring my first clusters using Linux HA.  I started with 2.99 and ended up falling back to 2.1.3 because I want the snmp functionality provided by hbagent and it seemed to be gone from the newer versions.

I have managed to get my two nodes talking, my resources are failing back and forth and traps are being sent on the events.  I am having some trouble figuring out how to get pingd to work to detect when my machines can't talk to their gateway to trigger a failover.

The other thing that I want to configure is the hbaping to trigger a failover when my fibre channel connectivity to my shared drive fails.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of documentation for these features in this version of the software that I have been able to find.

Can someone point me to a good source of documentation or provide an XML snippet and explanation on how to configure these features?

Thank you.

--
Andrew Lundgren